In this guide I will show you how you can generate a product feed with WPML translated product data.
Follow the steps to learn how:
1. At first you need to install WPML. To do that, go to WordPress dashboard, click on the Upload Plugin button.
2. You will get an option to choose file, click on the Choose File option to upload WPML, click on the Install button.
3. Once the plugin is installed, click on the Activate button to activate the plugin.
4. Once the plugin is activated, you will get the option to configure plugin. Click on the Configure button to configure the plugin settings.
Your plugin is now activated, now it is time to configure WPML. Once you click on the Configure WPML button, it will take you to the configure page.
1. Now, your first step would be to Current Content Language.
Select your current language from the dropdown and then click on the Next button.
2. Select your preferred site languages. You can add or remove languages later too.
Click on the Next button.
3. Now, set the Language Switcher order. You can drag and drop the language name to set the order.
4. Here, you will get the compatibility reporting options, you can choose either one of them and then click on the Next button.
5. Now it will take you to the Registration page of the Configure section, here you can put your site key to get the automatic updates from WPML.
Go to your wpml.org and login to get this key.
Enter the key and click on the Register button or you can click on the Remind me later button to skip this step for now.
6. Finally, click on the Finish button to complete the configuration.
7. Once the configuration is complete, it will take you to the configuration summary page. You can make any changes to the configuration from here.
And here you will see that there’s a language option on the top, and when you click on that, you will get all the selected languages here.
1. Go to Product Feed Manager >> Add New Feed.
2. Here on the Add New Feed page you will find an option to make your product feeds translatable.
Select your preferred option and click on the Apply button.
3. Once you make your feed translatable, on the top you will get an option to select the feed language.
4. Now, finally, select your merchant, configure your attributes and click on the Publish button to publish the feed.
5. Now your feed is published.
Go back to your All Product Feeds Page, and you will see that there’s an extra row for the languages and you can click on any language to get all relevant language.
That’s it your language based feed is ready.