When you are generating a product feed to sell on Facebook Marketplace, sometimes you may find out that some of your products are not uploaded to your Facebook Commerce Manager.
This usually happens when your product doesn’t meet the Facebook feed specification for the catalog.
And you can’t upload your products without meeting all the requirements.
In such cases, you can download the error report from Facebook Commerce Manager and check the issues, and also most of the time you can fix them by yourself.
So in this doc, I will show you the reasons what to do when you face such issues.
Let’s go step by step.
If any of your products are rejected, you will get the report on Facebook Commerce Manager.
To get the report, first you need to login to your Facebook Commerce Manager.
Download Google Merchant Center Error Report #
1. Login to your Facebook Commerce Manager.
2. Select your catalog from the Catalogs section, and then it will take you to the Catalog Overview page.
3. Click on the Data Sources button from the dashboard, and you will get the list of data sources for this specific Catalog.
4. If your feed has any issues, you will find a View feed error report button in the feed row.
5. Click on the View feed error report button, a popup will appear which will give you a summary of the issues.
Here you will an overview of the issues you have in your Facebook catalog feed.
To get the full report, click on the Download report button, and the Facebook Commerce Manager error report will be downloaded.
Open the downloaded CSV report with any spreadsheet program.
Once you import the CSV report, it will show you the following columns:
Understanding Google Merchant Center Feed Errors #
When you get the feed error report, you can get several Severity types, such as Warning or Fatal.
When the Severity is Warning, this means that your concerned product will be listed on Facebook, but it has an issue, and its performance will be limited.
When the Severity is Fatal, is a major issue, and your concerned product won’t be uploaded to the Google Merchant Center.
For example, Image Link is missing, Product Description is missing, etc.
How to Resolve Google Merchant Common Feed Errors #
Here are some of the most common errors sellers usually get while trying to list their products in the Google Merchant Center: