In this WPFM guide, you will learn how you can use the custom filter to generate product feed with your desired products only.
Normally, when you create a new feed, by default, there are no filters applied. It is set up to add All Published Products.
However, you might wish to include only certain desired products to the feed.
In that case, you may choose to use a Custom Filter.
Follow the steps below to use Custom Filter properly.
1. When generating a feed, you will find the option to choose what Products to include. By default, it is set to All Published Products. Click on it.
Here, choose Custom Filter.
It will let you create a custom condition.
Let’s take an example to explain the following steps.
Example:Let’s say you might want to add all products that include the text “Hoodie” on its Title.
2. Under ‘If’ select a product attribute that you wish to use to apply a custom filter.
As per the example, lets select “Product Title” here.
3. Next, set an appropriate condition from the following options:
As per the example, here you need to choose the condition, Contains.
4. Assign a value based on which you wish to set the condition.
In the case of the example, you need to assign the value “Hoodie” here.
5. Choose to Include or Exclude the products that meets the condition you set.
As per the example, choose Include Only.
So, as per the example where you want to add all products that includes the text “Hoodie” on its Title, you have to set up the custom filter:
If – Product Title – Contains – Hoodie – Include Only
6. Next configure the feed and publish it.
You will see that the feed includes all the products that falls under the condition you set.
You can add multiple custom filters by clicking on the Add New Filter button.
That’s how easily you can apply a custom filter when generating product feed.