Google Shopping is one of the most popular places to promote your products online.
You just need to submit the WooCommerce product feed to Google Merchant Center, and all of your products will be added to your Google shop.
In this doc, I will show you how you can easily create your WooCommerce product feed for Google Shopping.
Follow these easy steps to generate a WooCommerce Product Feed for Google Shopping
Go to your product feed dashboard.
Click on the Add New button.
It will take you to the feed creation page.
1. Give your feed a name.
2. If you want to use a filter, click on the Products dropdown and you will get the option to use Custom Filter, Category Filter, Tag Filter & Product Filter.
For a basic feed, you can keep it the same.
3. Under the filter dropdown, you will find an option to set the Refresh Time Interval.
You can set this Refresh Time Interval to Hourly, Daily, Monthly, and Weekly. Your feed will be auto-generated according to this Refresh Time Interval.
Under the Refresh Time Interval, you will find some feed-related Settings, that you can change according to your needs.
You can skip these settings for now.
Now, after setting up feed settings, you will get the Feed Configuration section to get the merchant template and to configure the template.
1. Click on the Merchant Dropdown to get a list of merchants to choose your preferred merchant.
Select Google Shopping, and the Google Shopping XML template will be loaded right below.
You will see that the File Format is selected as XML by default.
2. Here, you will find that values for most of the attributes are already set, but you need to set the values for the following attributes:
You need to use category mapping to define the category paths, so for now, keep this attribute empty. You will configure this attribute in one of the next couples of steps.
This should be the Brand name of the product you are selling. If you are the manufacturer, you can set the type as Static and input your company name here.If you have different brand names for different products, you will have to save the value in a custom field or product attribute and then use that value here.**You may also use Perfect Brands for WooCommerce, which will make it easier to assign and use brand names.
This value should be unique to each product. So you have to save this value in a custom field within each product and use that value here.
3. Also, if you want to add new attributes, you can click on the Add New Attribute button, and you will get the list of the optional Attributes of Google Shopping.
Or you can add a custom attribute by clicking on the Add New Custom Attribute button.
Now, your feed configuration is ready, it is time to publish the feed.
Scroll back to the top, and you will find a Publish button on the right.
Click on the Publish button, your feed will be generated.
Now, remember you have left the Google Product Category field empty.
1. Go to Product feed > Category Mapping and set up a new category map properly.
–To learn how you can set up category mapping easily, click here.
2. Once you have assigned values and saved the Category Map, go to Product feed > Settings and click on the Controls tab.
3. Here, below, click on Purge cache.
4. Go to Dashboard > Product feed > All product feed and look for the feed you just created earlier. Edit it.
5. Scroll down to the feed configuration section. Click on the value field for Google Category Mapping and scroll down to the very bottom to choose the category map you just created.
6. Once selected, scroll up and click on update.
7. Your feed will be generated, and you will be able to download the feed.
That’s it. Your WooCommerce XML product feed for Google Shopping is generated. You can now download and upload this file to your merchant account and list your products on Google Shopping.