With WP VR, you can use custom navigation and control buttons to make the virtual tour more attractive.
Here is how you can do it.
When editing a tour, normally, you can use the Show Controls option.
Enabling it will display the simple control buttons – zoom in, zoom out, and fullscreen.
However, you can rather use custom icons to place navigation and control buttons on your tour to make it more attractive.
**Enabling custom control buttons will disable the Show controls option and rather use the custom icons you assign.
Simply follow the steps below.
1. While editing a tour, go to the General tab.
2. Next, on top, click on the Control Buttons tab. Here, you will find the options to enable custom icons for navigation and control buttons.
3. Here, you will be able to choose your desired icons and color for the navigation and control buttons.
You will be able to use custom icons for the following:
4. Enable any of the four Move options, or the Full-screen option to add a custom navigation pane on your tour on the bottom left side.
It will look something like this, depending on the icons and colors you choose.
5. Enable the Zoom options to add the zoom in and out icons on the top left side of the tour.
6. Enable the Gyroscope option to add a custom Gyroscope icon on the top left side of the tour.
7. Enable the Home option to add a Home button on the top left corner of the tour.
For each option under the Control Buttons, you can change the icon and color.
1. Changing icon –
For each option, you can click on the icon (as shown in the image below) to choose from several other Fontawesome icons.
2. Changing color –
For each option, you can click on the color box (as shown in the image below) to choose your desired color for the icon.
Here’s how a tour looks with custom navigation and control buttons:
**If you only want some of these icons to appear but not all, then simply enable those and keep the rest disabled.
That’s it. That’s how you can easily use custom icons for navigation and control buttons in your virtual tour.