Sometimes you don’t have a full 360-degree image for creating a virtual tour.
With WPVR, you can create amazing virtual tours using partial panoramas or iPhone panoramas, even if you don’t have full 360 images.
Follow these simple steps to create a virtual tour with partial panorama images.
Create Virtual Tour with Partial Panoramas or iPhone Panoramas Using WPVR #
1. Go to WPVR > Add New Tour.
Geben Sie Ihrer Tour einen Namen.
2. Just below the General tab, you can see the Scenes tab.
Click on the Scenes tab.
3. Choose Yes on the Set as Default option. Now, this scene will become the default scene of your tour.
Here, assign a Scene ID and choose Yes for the option Set as Default.
4. Then, click on the Upload button and upload your desired iPhone panoramas or partial panoramas.
For this guide, I will create a simple virtual tour with only one scene. You can add multiple scenes if you want to.
Once the image is uploaded, now it’s time to set the Partial panorama effect on the image you uploaded to turn it into a virtual tour.
But before that, since this panorama isn’t optimized, hence a messed up preview of the tour will show up when you click on the Preview button.
But don’t worry, it will be fixed after we change some settings for partial panorama.
5. Now, on the Scenes tab, look for the following two fields:
- Vertical Angle of View
- Horizontal Angle of View
6. Vertical Angle of View option controls how much of your image will be visible on tour vertically.
By default, it’s set at 180, change it to 90.
7. And the Horizontal Angle of View option controls how much of your image will be visible on tour horizontally.
By default, it’s set at 360, change it to 180.
Now it is time to set the limit of vertical and horizontal scene grab.
Here, you will find Limit Vertical Scene Grab and Limit Horizontal Scene Grab options on the Scenes tab.
8. At first, turn on the Limit Vertical Scene Grab option.
Der Standardwert für das Feld Max Pitch ist 90. Stellen Sie ihn auf 45 ein.
The default value on the Min Pitch field is -90. Set it to -45.
9. Now, Turn on the Limit Horizontal Scene Grab option.
Der Standardwert für das Feld Max Yaw ist 180. Setzen Sie ihn auf 90.
Der Standardwert im Feld Min Yaw ist -180. Setzen Sie ihn auf -90.
That’s it. You’ve just created a virtual tour using a panorama image that was captured by a mobile phone.
To understand these options better, you should try the options one-by-one and preview them. So that you will know exactly what should you change to make this partial panorama tour as you prefer.
10. You can now click on the Preview button to have a live preview of your tour.
**Remember to click on the Publish button to save the tour.
11. Once you’ve saved the tour, you can publish it on your website.
You can use the WPVR Gutenberg block, WPVR Elementor Widget, or shortcode to publish the tour.
Follow this documentation to publish and customize your virtual tour.
To learn more about WPVR and its amazing features, click here.