- Last updated on: 15 mins read
Guide To Generate Heureka XML Feed With Your WooCommerce Products (2023)
Heureka is one of the best online marketplaces in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. And if you run a WooCommerce store then you can increase your sales by promoting your products on Heureka.
In order to promote your products on Heureka, you need to submit your product data in the right format with the required product attributes.
In this guide, you will learn how you can easily generate a product feed for Heuraka with the required attributes for your products.
So let’s get started.
Mandatory Product Attributes To Include In The XML Feed
Following are the required product attributes that you must submit for every product you want to promote on the Heureka marketplaces.
These are the necessary attributes. If you include these data in your product feed, you can then submit it to your merchant account.
Other Optional Product Attributes You May Submit
You may include a few more additional attributes to the product data to increase product presence and conversion.
PARAM (For Variations)
Example XML Feed In The Right Format
Now that you know about the required and optional attributes you can include in the XML feed, take a look at the format in which products are added to the XML feed.
The following is an example of two variants of a variable product.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <SHOP> <SHOPITEM> <ITEM_ID>3252</ITEM_ID> <PRODUCTNAME>Adidas Superstar 2 W EUR 36</PRODUCTNAME> <DESCRIPTION>V rámci kolekce Originals uvádí adidas sportovní obuv The Superstar, která je již od svého vzniku jedničkou mezi obuví. Jejím poznávacím znamením je mimo jiné detaily designové zakončení špičky. Díky kvalitnímu materiálu a trendy vzhledu, podtrženého logy Adidas uvnitř boty i na ní, bude hvězdou vašeho botníku </DESCRIPTION> <URL>https://www.yourdomain.cz/adidas-superstar-2-w7ref?eur-36</URL> <IMGURL>https://www.yourdomain.cz/adidas-superstar-2-36-img-1.jpg</IMGURL> <PRICE_VAT>36</PRICE_VAT> <MANUFACTURER>Adidas</MANUFACTURER> <CATEGORYTEXT>Oblečení a móda | Obuv | Dámská obuv</CATEGORYTEXT> <DELIVERY_DATE>0</DELIVERY_DATE> <DELIVERY> <DELIVERY_ID>CESKA_POSTA</DELIVERY_ID> <DELIVERY_PRICE>120</DELIVERY_PRICE> </DELIVERY> <ITEMGROUP_ID>3251</ITEMGROUP_ID> </SHOPITEM> <SHOPITEM> <ITEM_ID>3253</ITEM_ID> <PRODUCTNAME>Adidas Superstar 2 W EUR 37</PRODUCTNAME> <DESCRIPTION>V rámci kolekce Originals uvádí adidas sportovní obuv The Superstar, která je již od svého vzniku jedničkou mezi obuví. Jejím poznávacím znamením je mimo jiné detaily designové zakončení špičky. Díky kvalitnímu materiálu a trendy vzhledu, podtrženého logy Adidas uvnitř boty i na ní, bude hvězdou vašeho botníku </DESCRIPTION> <URL>https://www.yourdomain.cz/adidas-superstar-2-w7ref?eur-37</URL> <IMGURL>https://www.yourdomain.cz/adidas-superstar-2-37-img-1.jpg</IMGURL> <PRICE_VAT>36</PRICE_VAT> <MANUFACTURER>Adidas</MANUFACTURER> <CATEGORYTEXT>Oblečení a móda | Obuv | Dámská obuv</CATEGORYTEXT> <DELIVERY_DATE>0</DELIVERY_DATE> <DELIVERY> <DELIVERY_ID>CESKA_POSTA</DELIVERY_ID> <DELIVERY_PRICE>120</DELIVERY_PRICE> </DELIVERY> <ITEMGROUP_ID>3251</ITEMGROUP_ID> </SHOPITEM> <SHOPITEM> ... </SHOPITEM> </SHOP>
7 Steps To Generate Heuraka XML Feed With Your WooCommerce Products
In WooCommerce, you will find an easy-to-use plugin, Product Feed Manager for WooCommerce, with which you can generate an XML feed in just a few clicks.
This is because the plugin has a pre-built template for Heureka with the right XML format and product attributes.
Follow this step-by-step guide and use the plugin to generate the required product feed.
Step 1 – Install And Activate Product Feed Manager For WooCommerce
- Go to your Dashboard. Then hover on Plugins and click on the Add New button.
- Type “Product Feed Manager” on the search box, and you will find the plugin. Clck on Install.
- Once installed, Activate the plugin.
You will find a new menu called ‘Product feed’ among your dashboard menus.
Step 2 – Import Heureka Template For Feed Generation
1. On your dashboard, click on Product Feed and then click on Add New Feed option.
It will take you to the feed creation page
Here, on the top you will get an option to give a name to your feed, you can skip it too.
2. Click on the Feed Merchant Dropdown and you will get the list of all the supported merchants.
You can scroll down this merchant dropdown list or you can type Heureka in the search box, and you will get the Fruugo option in the list.
Select Heureka, and all the required attributes of Heureka will be loaded below.
Step 3 – Create A New Product Feed
Now, you can see three buttons under the Feed Title text box, Troubleshoot, Product Filter, and Settings.
1. If you are having any issues generating feed, click on this Troubleshoot button, it will take you to the Troubleshoot page, which could be helpful for you.
2. If you want to use any filter or condition, you can click on the Product Filter option, and a drawer will slide in from the right side of the window, and there you will get the following filters:
- All Featured Items
- Custom Filter
- Category Filter
- Tag Filter
- Product Filter (Pro)
You can select any filter option and use them as per your need and click on the Close button when done.
3. Now, to schedule your feed or to choose which type of products will be included in your feed, click on the Settings button, and you will get a list of options to exclude or include products.
Change the options as per your need and click on the Close button when done.
Step 4 – Use The Heureka XML Feed Template
1. If you look at the Feed Merchant dropdown button, there you will get another dropdown “Feed Type”, you can click here to set the type of this feed. You can set different types of feeds depending on what types of feeds this merchant supports or what types of feeds this Product Feed Manager has the support for.
For Fruugo, CSV will be selected by default.
2. Now, in the attributes section, you will see that all the attributes are under the Required Attributes column, and their values are set according to the attributes under the Assigned Values column.
You can change any values to any attributes, simply click on the value dropdown, and select your preferred value.
All the required attributes will appear below. Now, most of the attributes will already be configured but notice that some of these attributes are unassigned.
Step 5 – Assign The Right Values To Unassigned Attributes
Most of the attributes are already configured. You need to assign values for the unassigned attributes.
- You will need to assign values for the following:
If you are the sole manufacturer of all of your products, you can set the type as Static and input your company name as the value.
If you have different brand names for different products, you will have to save the value in a custom field or product attribute and then use that value here.
**You may try using Perfect Brands for WooCommerce to assign the brand names more easily.
- Category Text–
To assign the category text, you will need to use category mapping, which will be done in the next step. For now, leave it as it is.
- Delivery date-
If all of your products are in stock, then mark this attribute to static and assign the value as 0.
If some products are subject to be in stock in a few days, then the value has to be saved in a field within the product and use that field value here.
- Next, scroll up and Publish the feed.
Once the feed is published, it’s time to use Category Mapping.
Step 6 – Use Category Mapping Using The Accepted Heureka Category List
To use category mapping, first, you will need the category list supported by Heureka.
Then follow the instructions below.
- On your Dashboard menus, under Product Feed, click on Category Mapping. You will be taken to the category mapping page.
Here, all the categories in your store will be listed.
- Give a name on the Mapper Name field.
- Next, for every category listed here, find a relevant/appropriate category from Heureka’s category list. Then copy the category’s full name and paste it in the field beside the respective category.
- Scroll down and click on the Save button, and your mapper will be saved.
Step 7 – Update & Generate Your Accurate XML Feed
- Go to Dashboard > Product Feed > All Product Feeds, and edit the feed you were creating.
- Once it loads, on the right side, click on the Purge Cache button.
- Next, scroll down to the Feed Configuration section and click on the value field for the Category Text attribute.
- At the very bottom of the value list, you will find the category map you created. Select it.
- Now, scroll up and click on Update.
That’s it. You have created your required product feed. The next thing to do is upload your products to Heureka.
If you are a local online shop owner in the Czech Republic or Slovakia, then it’s high time you start promoting your WooCommerce products on Heureka and take advantage of its huge audience.
Use Product Feed Manager for WooCommerce to generate the XML feed in minutes and start boosting your sales.
Check out the plugin here:
– Product Feed Manager for WooCommerce
Initially, test out the free version of the plugin, and once you are sure the plugin does what it claims, you can go ahead and upgrade to Pro.
Go ahead and start selling on Heureka.