How To Start Selling On Fruugo Using Accurate Product Feed – WooCommerce 
- Last updated on: 11 mins read
Selling your WooCommerce store products is always a challenge. However, you can easily increase your sales by promoting on large popular online marketplaces.
One of the most reliable online marketplaces to promote your products on is Fruugo.
Fruugo is a multinational online marketplace with over 25 million active users and is well renounced in over 46 countries.
According to CedCommerce, businesses that sell through Fruugo earn an extra 10-15% revenue.
If you run a WooCommerce store, then you should consider selling on the Fruugo marketplace as well.
In this guide, we will discuss how you can prepare your WooCommerce product data so that you can start selling on Fruugo without any hassle.
After reading this guide, you will learn:
- How you can start selling your WooCommerce products on Fruugo
- What data you will need to submit to upload your products to the marketplace
- How you can generate a product feed for Fruugo in just a few clicks.
So let’s get started.
1. Getting Started As A Seller On Fruugo
The first thing to do is to register as a Seller on the Fruugo Marketplace.
- You simply need to fill out this form: Join As A Seller On Fruugo
Now, there is no upfront fee to register as a seller. Fruugo will only take a small commission when you make a sale.
Fruugo will charge 15% of the shopper’s basket value (excluding VAT). And 2.35% of the transaction value will be deducted as the transaction processing fee.
So basically, you can take advantage of the huge audience and only pay a small commission when you make money.
And frankly speaking, this is a small fee compared to the huge amount of sales that you can expect from this marketplace.
2. Required Data To Upload Products On Fruugo
To upload your WooCommerce products on the Fruugo marketplace, you first need to generate a product feed with the right product data.
The best option is to generate a CSV feed with the required product attributes and upload your products directly or via one of Fruugo’s integration partners.
Let us look at the mandatory product attributes that you need to include in the product feed.
Required Product Attributes For Fruugo Feed
Product ID (ProductId)
SKU Id (SkuId)
GTINs – EAN / UPC (EAN)
Image URL 1 (Imageurl1)
Stock Status (StockStatus)
Product Title (Title)
Normal Price (NormalPriceWithVAT or NormalPriceWithoutVAT)
VAT Rate (VATRate)
Now, let us look at how you can generate a product feed that includes these mandatory attributes for all of your WooCommerce products.
3. Generate Fruugo Product Feed With Your WooCommerce Products
In WooCommerce, you will find a reliable plugin called Product Feed Manager For WooCommerce with which you can generate a CSV feed for all of your products in just a few clicks.
- So the first thing to do is get the plugin Product Feed Manager for WooCommerce.
Once you have the plugin, follow the steps below and see how easily you can generate a CSV feed with the right product attributes real quick.
Step 1 – Import Fruugo Template For Feed Generation
1. On your dashboard, click on Product Feed and then click on Add New Feed option.
It will take you to the feed creation page
Here, on the top you will get an option to give a name to your feed, you can skip it too.
2. Click on the Feed Merchant Dropdown and you will get the list of all the supported merchants.
You can scroll down this merchant dropdown list or you can type Fruugo in the search box, and you will get the Fruugo option in the list.
Select Fruugo, and all the required attributes of Fruugo will be loaded below.
Step 2 – Create A New Product Feed
Now, you can see three buttons under the Feed Title text box, Troubleshoot, Product Filter, and Settings.
1. If you are having any issues generating feed, click on this Troubleshoot button, it will take you to the Troubleshoot page, which could be helpful for you.
2. If you want to use any filter or condition, you can click on the Product Filter option, and a drawer will slide in from the right side of the window, and there you will get the following filters:
- All Featured Items
- Custom Filter
- Category Filter
- Tag Filter
- Product Filter (Pro)
You can select any filter option and use them as per your need and click on the Close button when done.
3. Now, to schedule your feed or to choose which type of products will be included in your feed, click on the Settings button, and you will get a list of options to exclude or include products.
Change the options as per your need and click on the Close button when done.
Step 3 – Use The Fruugo CSV Feed Template
1. If you look at the Feed Merchant dropdown button, there you will get another dropdown “Feed Type”, you can click here to set the type of this feed. You can set different types of feeds depending on what types of feeds this merchant supports or what types of feeds this Product Feed Manager has the support for.
For Fruugo, CSV will be selected by default.
2. Now, in the attributes section, you will see that all the attributes are under the Required Attributes column, and their values are set according to the attributes under the Assigned Values column.
You can change any values to any attributes, simply click on the value dropdown, and select your preferred value.
All the required attributes will appear below. Now, most of the attributes will already be configured but notice that some of these attributes are unassigned.
Step 4 – Assign The Right Values To Unassigned Attributes
1. You will need to assign values for the following:
Though almost all of them will be configured by default, you will need to assign the correct values for the following:
On the value field, choose the value of the custom field or attribute name which you used to assign the GTIN to your WooCommerce store products.
**With Product Feed Manager for WooCommerce, you will get a set of custom fields added to your products and product variants, which you can use to assign unique identifiers. Here’s how you can use them.
On the value field, choose the value of the custom field or attribute name which you used to assign the Brand to the products.
**You may try using Perfect Brands for WooCommerce to assign brands easily and use that as the value here.
Since you need to assign each product to Fruugo’s dedicated categories, you need to use category mapping if you do not want to change your WooCommerce store’s current categories.
**With Product Feed Manager for WooCommerce, you will get the category mapping feature that will allow you to achieve this easily. For now, keep this attribute unassigned, configure the rest, and Publish the feed. Then follow this guide to use category mapping easily.
- VAT Rate
On the value field, choose the custom field value you used to assign the VAT rate to your products.
For the Price, be sure to use the right attribute depending on how the prices are set up in your WooCommerce store.
Step 5 – Publish The Feed And Upload To Fruugo
1. Scroll up and click on Publish button and the feed will be generated.
2. Setup category mapping and update your feed configuration with your mapped data. (See the previous step to understanding what to do here.)
3. Update your feed with all the default attributes assigned. Then you will be able to download your feed.
And that’s it. You can then go ahead and upload your products on the Fruugo marketplace and start getting more sales.
As you saw above, this is how easily you can generate Fruugo product feed using Product Feed Manager for WooCommerce.
If you want, you can check out the plugin here:
Initially, test out the free version of the plugin, and once you are sure the plugin does what is required, you can go ahead think about upgrading to Pro.
Promoting your WooCommerce products on Fruugo may be a gamechanger for you and your business as it has already proven to be a big factor in helping small to medium e-commerce grow real quick.
So it’s high time you take advantage of this marketplace as well.