5 Best Drag And Drop Builders For WordPress
- Last updated on: 11 mins read
It’s not a long time ago when building a fully functional and professional website using WordPress was a developer’s job. But now anyone with a basic understanding of a Website can create a website without even knowing a single line of code with the help of drag and drop builder.
A few years ago building a WordPress page was time-consuming. Though you have excellent knowledge of HTML & CSS, every time you needed to start from scratch. In this process, many of you couldn’t concentrate on more work or projects.
Then the game changed. Developer introduced shortcode and following the path, drag and drop builder for WordPress. Page builders are tools that allow anyone to build attractive and interactive web pages using a user-friendly interface. It helps expert developers build web pages quickly and beginners to create stylish web pages they couldn’t have on their own.
In this system, you drag and drop elements to create appealing web pages. The important feature is most of them work with almost every WordPress theme available in the market.
Nowadays drag and drop builder is viral among the WordPress industry as it serves more value and gives more time to the developers.
As the idea gained very much popularity in a short amount of time, there was a lot of drag and drop builder for you. And maybe you encountered one of them already. Maybe it didn’t fulfill what you wanted, or maybe it did.
And as there is a lot of them around you, it can get staggering to choose the best one from tons of page builder. So, we decided to choose the 5 best drag and drop builder in 2017 for you. You can check this list and find the perfect match per your requirement.
What Have We Considered?
This question must be answered before we go any further. Because without knowing the criteria it’s not worth for you to look on the list.
So what have we looked at?
- Ease of Use –
It is the first thing we looked into when we were choosing the builders. If these aren’t easy to use, there is no point to use one of them.
- Elements –
Drag and drop builder uses its unique elements (also referred to as blocks, modules, or widgets). It is important that you choose a solution that has everything you want, whether that be tables, styling, media support, or whatever.
- Interface –
User-friendly, non-glitchy interface is necessary for a drag and drop builder. Though you need to spend some time learning the interface for the long run, the easier it is, the better. You surely don’t want to waste time behind the interface.
Best Drag And Drop Builders For WordPress
Now let us look at some of the best drag and drop builders in WordPress.
01. Elementor Page Builder
Elementor is an authoritative drag and drop builder though it’s relatively new on the field. It came out in June 2016. And since it’s release, it has achieved reputation among developers. After the release, it has downloaded over 807,835 times.
Originally, there was just the free version at first. Now, the mother company Pojo has released Elementor Pro, which offers some truly exclusive functionality.
Elementor uses a vivid user-friendly interface. The interface allows you to edit your web pages at front-end. Currently, the page builder comes with 28 great elements. These items allow you to create useful web pages.
You can buy the pro version at $49 for one site.
- You can customize web pages the way you like. Complete control over section width and height, the size of columns, column and content position, padding and margin setting, column gap, etc
- There are 20+ beautiful page templates designed for a professional look (Pro version). Additionally, you can customize and save your templates and reuse them later.
Front end editing
- A mobile-friendly responsive design
- Support for posts, pages, and all custom post types
- Support for WooCommerce (Pro version) and translation plugins
- 100% drag-and-drop capable. Realign everything you see on the screen
- Works with any theme
- You can import/export your custom-built pages
- Custom CSS support (Pro version)
- Comes with 28 widgets which are quite enough for customizing web pages.
- The premium version of the plugin comes with added widgets and advanced capabilities. You may need more advanced design changes as your website grows, so the option to upgrade may be an advantage
- An intuitive front end editor that makes creating layouts a breeze
- Revision history lets you quickly undo and redo changes
- Support for WordPress widgets
- Most major features are available in the free version
- The ready-made page templates make working with the plugin much faster, not to mention giving you an already great-looking page designs to choose from. You can customize those templates freely
- The mobile editing controls are awesome. They let you choose exactly what your creation is going to look like when viewed on mobile (or tablets). Basically, you get to choose the break points, adjust font sizes, padding values, and everything else that matters for a well-built layout
- You can nest columns. Not a feature that’s often offered in other builders
- Great live previews
- If you are a WordPress beginner, it may be quite confusing for you
- Elementor plugin works with your website only if the WordPress version is at least 4.4 and PHP version 5.4
- Template system needs to be refined
- No white label version available for developers
- Form widget only supports integration with MailChimp and MailPoet
02. Beaver Builder For WordPress
Beaver Builder is another popular drag and drop builder. Over 375,000 WordPress websites have built with Beaver Builder.
Amazing thing about Beaver Builder is, it works with your existing website. Beaver Builder’s front end interface gives you full control over your page layout.
Templates of Beaver Builder make designing easy. You can save your designs as templates, and reuse them all over your site, or export them to use on a different site.
- Add any type of content you like choosing from the available content modules; HTML, Photo, Text editor, Audio, Video & Sidebar
- The pages built with Beaver Builder plugin is 100% responsive (Make sure the theme is responsive)
- It has several beautiful page templates which you can use. Additionally, you can save the templates you designed and reuse them afterward
- Live front-end editing
- Support for WordPress widgets and shortcodes
- Editor mode allows you to limit permissions of clients
- Support for WooCommerce, the translation plugin WPML, and WordPress Multisite (Pro and Agency plans)
- Import and export functionality
- Full drag-and-drop support
- SEO optimized output
- Works with any theme
- Extensive docs and video tutorials
- Beaver Builder has deeper integration with WooCommerce plugin. Designing eCommerce pages are easy with this plugin.
- Developers can easily extend and customize the plugin through widgets.
- User-interface loads quickly and is very simple to use
- WordPress widgets are supported
- Good variety of professionally designed predefined templates
- No coding skills required.
- Great interface that takes you by the hand through the whole process
- Beaver Builder plugin has a limited number of modules in the free version
- The cheapest Beaver Builder plan is available for $99
- Content modules look quite plain
- No, undo or redo buttons, so if you want to undo a change, you need to revert to the last save of your layout
- Other page builders in this list offer more templates
- The page builder only works with pages and cannot be used to design posts.
03. Divi Page Builder
Divi is one of the earliest players in the drag and drops builders field. That’s why it has a huge amount of content modules. Elegant Themes made the plugin. It powers the modern Divi theme.
All these times Divi had been criticized for not having front-end editing system. With the release of Divi 3.0, they answered the criticism. Now, this plugin has both front-end and back-end editor.
While the front-end editor will help you to make live changes, the back-end editor will allow you to get the perfect layout.
- Create any type of design with 3 section types, 20-row types, and 46 content modules.
- If you are good at writing beautiful CSS codes, get your hands dirty. It has options for custom CSS.
- Front-end and back-end editor
- Full responsive design
- Professional looking interface, content modules, and templates
- Support for posts, pages, and custom post types
- 32 languages are supported
- Over 20 premade layouts are included
- Import and export functionality
- Drag-and-drop support when editing your content
- Pre-designed content blocks, including those for text, lightbox images, quotes, testimonials, image sliders, videos, tabs, boxes, columns, and more
- Integrates with every page or post on your WordPress site
- Divi has lots of options that let you build anything, any design you can imagine. It’s developer-friendly and suitable for professional websites.
- Elegant Themes membership offers fantastic value for your money
- It allows you to turn any post or page into a custom-built landing page
- The canvas provides an excellent overview of the page and individual blocks on it
- A simple, user-friendly interface
- Access to more than 87 themes and 3+ other plugins that come with an Elegant Themes membership.
- A relatively short learning curve
- You cannot purchase this plugin only. You must purchase at least Yearly Access package that comes with access to all themes and plugins. It’s quite expensive as the minimum cost is $89 for the Yearly Access
- Limited to the content modules available in Divi
- No way to remove data from the WordPress database when the plugin is deactivated
- Lacks some content modules available in other page builders
04. Cornerstone Drag And Drop builder
Cornerstone is a front-end WordPress page builder that will change the way you create pages. It’s new on the market but drastically gained popularity. Cornerstone is the primary power source of ‘X’ theme made by Themeco.
Cornerstone is a collection of shortcodes which can be utilized to build complex page layouts. It makes WordPress practical for any types of sites by enhancing its content management capabilities.
The plugin has Skeleton Mode. It allows you to visually see the structure of your entire page without leaving the front end interface.
- The plugin brings about some pre-built page templates which let you build amazing pages
- It has a clutter-free and intuitive interface
- Front end page building
- Editor mode allows you to limit permissions of clients
- Easy to create layouts, styles, and effects
- Fast loading when building
- 40+ Elements
- Compatible with any WordPress theme
- Edit on the fly
- Free future updates
- Live code editing
- Excellent documentation
- Cornerstone plugin is relatively easier with its simple and clean interface
- A total of 40+ elements are offered in Cornerstone
- If you have good CSS skills, the plugin is awesome for you. You can add CSS styles with live previews
- Skeleton mode allowing you to see the structure of the entire page
- Supports posts, pages, and all custom post types
- Works with any theme
- Very reasonable price
- It is shortcode based. As you uninstall the plugin, the page content may stop working and can leave a mess of shortcode in your core code structure
- Not many elements can be customized when compared to other page builders
- Mostly good for X theme
- The recent posts element only allows you to load 4 posts on a page
05. Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder is the last drag and drop builder on our list. But it’s not the least one. This plugin is used by 45,715 people currently. It is a front-end content builder which actually offers “what you see is what you get” functionality.
Thrive Content Builder has a user-friendly editor. It was developed specifically for online marketers. So, it has lots of unique features. It can be used to create home pages, professional blog posts, video pages, contact form pages, and more.
- What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) functionality
- Countdown timers are available on Thrive Content Builder
- Conversion-Boosting Buttons & Calls to Action
- You can add Social Proof with the Testimonial Element
- Highlight important parts of your content with a (fully customizable) content box.
- Customizable, Responsive Pricing Tables
- Retina-Ready Font Icons for Your Content
- Enhance Long Posts with the Automatic Table of Contents
- Build Your List with the Lead Generation Element
- Opt-in Forms
- Mobile-friendly responsive design
- Replaces multiple plugins
- Conversion Optimized Landing Pages
- Aesthetically pleasing content design
- Drag & Drop Interface
- WYSIWYG Editor
- 30+ unique elements
- Lightbox Feature
- Affordable Price
- Unlimited updates for a lifetime
- Revision history and undo and redo buttons makes correcting changes easy
- The article isn’t clean coded as marketed
- Squeezes Web site length while in editing mode
- No Yoast SEO Plugin support
- Doesn’t work for old content
- Takes time to understand elements
- Some elements have fewer customization options
- It is shortcode based
Drag and drop builder providers know the importance of testing their product before buying. That’s why they provide da emo version to try. You can also try their free version is available.
We know that it can be tiring to test out all of them. Before working with them, spend 15-30 minutes on testing. Take advantage of the demos provided by developers and check if:
- You understand the visual interface and like the way it works
- The plugin includes the modules you need
- It offers the value you are paying for
Btw, you can improve your website performance by using cloud storage. Read more here.
Did we miss any of your favorite page builders? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section and feel free share this post to your friends.