If you want to create a secure channel between your end-users browser and web server, you will need an HTTPS protocol.
HTTPS certificate is a secure internet protocol that establishes a secure channel by using a combination of SSL and HTTP.
An HTTPS certificate also assures your website visitors that the website is authenticated and it is safe to communicate with your site.
Today, you’ll learn how to create an HTTPS Certificate to secure your web server for your end-user.
Laten we beginnen.
Create A Free HTTPS Certificate #
Follow these simple steps to create a free HTTPS certificate.
1. Log into your AWS Console and visit the Certificate Manager page.
**To use your HTTPS certificate as Global for Amazon CloudFront service, make sure that you have chosen US East (N. Virginia) while creating the certificate.
It is selected by default.
2. Click on Request a certificate.
3. Select Request a public certificate and click on Request a certificate.
You are now on the Request a certificate page.
4. Here, if you enter your subdomain like <<.example.com>>, in this case, the certificate can automatically all the subdomains within this domain example.com.
However, you can choose to skip this and enter the full subdomain such as cdn.example.com.
5. You can also use one certificate for more than one domain.
To do this you have to click on Add another name to this certificate button.
6. Click on the Next button.
It will take you to the Select Validation Method page.
7. From this Select validation method page, you can select either the DNS validation or Email validation option to verify.
Select your preferred option and click on the Next button.
8. From this Add Tags page, you can add tags from here. This feature is optional.
9. Click on the Review button.
From the Review page you can recheck all the info you have provided.
10. If everything’s alright, click on Confirm and request button.
It will take you to the Validation page.
11. Now, you are on the Validation page. In here, your domain validation status will show ‘Pending’.
Process For Email Validation: #
If you have chosen the Email validation method from the validation method page, you will get a validation email from Amazon AWS.
Click on the link from the email and it will be validated.
Process For DNS Validation: #
If you have chosen the DNS validation, expand it by clicking on the little triangle button on the left of your domain name.
Here, you will get your domain Name, Type, and Value info.
You will have to use this information to create a new CNAME entry with your DNS provider.
Now, open a new tab on your browser, go to your site’s DNS provider’s control panel.
Create a CNAME record for your domain and Enter the Name and Value provided by AWS earlier.
And your validation through DNS is complete.
12. Now, click on Continue on your Amazon AWS console page.
If everything’s alright, It may take some time but eventually, its status will show “Issued”, and your validation status will show “Success”.
That’s it. It will take a few minutes but the process is simple.
You can follow this to create an Amazon CloudFront Distribution.