Guide To Generate Heureka XML Feed With Your WooCommerce Products (2021)
- Last updated on: 14 mins read
Heureka is one of the best online marketplaces in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. And if you run a WooCommerce store then you can increase your sales by promoting your products on Heureka.
In order to promote your products on Heureka, you need to submit your product data in the right format with the required product attributes.
In this guide, you will learn how you can easily generate a product feed for Heuraka with the required attributes for your products.
So let’s get started.
Mandatory Product Attributes To Include In The XML Feed
Following are the required product attributes that you must submit for every product you want to promote on the Heureka marketplaces.
These are the necessary attributes. If you include these data in your product feed, you can then submit it to your merchant account.
Other Optional Product Attributes You May Submit
You may include a few more additional attributes to the product data to increase product presence and conversion.
PARAM (For Variations)
Example XML Feed In The Right Format
Now that you know about the required and optional attributes you can include in the XML feed, take a look at the format in which products are added to the XML feed.
The following is an example of two variants of a variable product.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <SHOP> <SHOPITEM> <ITEM_ID>3252</ITEM_ID> <PRODUCTNAME>Adidas Superstar 2 W EUR 36</PRODUCTNAME> <DESCRIPTION>V rámci kolekce Originals uvádí adidas sportovní obuv The Superstar, která je již od svého vzniku jedničkou mezi obuví. Jejím poznávacím znamením je mimo jiné detaily designové zakončení špičky. Díky kvalitnímu materiálu a trendy vzhledu, podtrženého logy Adidas uvnitř boty i na ní, bude hvězdou vašeho botníku </DESCRIPTION> <URL>https://www.yourdomain.cz/adidas-superstar-2-w7ref?eur-36</URL> <IMGURL>https://www.yourdomain.cz/adidas-superstar-2-36-img-1.jpg</IMGURL> <PRICE_VAT>36</PRICE_VAT> <MANUFACTURER>Adidas</MANUFACTURER> <CATEGORYTEXT>Oblečení a móda | Obuv | Dámská obuv</CATEGORYTEXT> <DELIVERY_DATE>0</DELIVERY_DATE> <DELIVERY> <DELIVERY_ID>CESKA_POSTA</DELIVERY_ID> <DELIVERY_PRICE>120</DELIVERY_PRICE> </DELIVERY> <ITEMGROUP_ID>3251</ITEMGROUP_ID> </SHOPITEM> <SHOPITEM> <ITEM_ID>3253</ITEM_ID> <PRODUCTNAME>Adidas Superstar 2 W EUR 37</PRODUCTNAME> <DESCRIPTION>V rámci kolekce Originals uvádí adidas sportovní obuv The Superstar, která je již od svého vzniku jedničkou mezi obuví. Jejím poznávacím znamením je mimo jiné detaily designové zakončení špičky. Díky kvalitnímu materiálu a trendy vzhledu, podtrženého logy Adidas uvnitř boty i na ní, bude hvězdou vašeho botníku </DESCRIPTION> <URL>https://www.yourdomain.cz/adidas-superstar-2-w7ref?eur-37</URL> <IMGURL>https://www.yourdomain.cz/adidas-superstar-2-37-img-1.jpg</IMGURL> <PRICE_VAT>36</PRICE_VAT> <MANUFACTURER>Adidas</MANUFACTURER> <CATEGORYTEXT>Oblečení a móda | Obuv | Dámská obuv</CATEGORYTEXT> <DELIVERY_DATE>0</DELIVERY_DATE> <DELIVERY> <DELIVERY_ID>CESKA_POSTA</DELIVERY_ID> <DELIVERY_PRICE>120</DELIVERY_PRICE> </DELIVERY> <ITEMGROUP_ID>3251</ITEMGROUP_ID> </SHOPITEM> <SHOPITEM> ... </SHOPITEM> </SHOP>
7 Steps To Generate Heuraka XML Feed With Your WooCommerce Products
In WooCommerce, you will find an easy-to-use plugin, Product Feed Manager for WooCommerce, with which you can generate an XML feed in just a few clicks.
This is because the plugin has a pre-built template for Heureka with the right XML format and product attributes.
Follow this step-by-step guide and use the plugin to generate the required product feed.
Step 1 – Install And Activate Product Feed Manager For WooCommerce
- Go to your Dashboard. The hover on Plugins and click on the Add New button.
- Type “Product Feed Manager” on the search box, and you will find the plugin. Clck on Install.
- Once installed, Activate the plugin.
You will find a new menu called ‘Product feed’ among your dashboard menus.
Step 2 – Enable Heureka As A Merchant Type For Feed Generation
- Go to Dashboard > Product feed and then go to the Settings.
- Click on the Merchants tab, and it will show you all the supported Merchants by PFM.
- Search for Heureka from this list and enable it.
**You may use Command + F (Mac) or Ctrl + F (Windows) to use the browser search and find it.
- Next, go to the Controls tab.
- Here, click on the Purge Cache button below.
Your merchant is now enabled. It’s time to generate the product feed.
Step 3 – Start Creating A New Feed & Configure The Basic Settings
- On your dashboard, click on Product Feed and then click on Add New Feed
You will be taken to a blank feed generation page.
- Here, give a name to your feed.
- Choose whether you want to include All Published Products in your store or you want to use a filter to exclude a few products.
- If you want this feed to auto-update as per the changes you make in your store, on a fixed interval, you may Enable the Refresh Interval option to Hourly, Daily, or Monthly.
- Keep the “Include Variable Parent Product” as no and the “Include Product Variations” as Yes.
The rest of them are already configured as required. You may change them if you need to.
Step 4 – Use The Heureka XML Feed Template
- Scroll down to the Feed Configuration section, and select Heureka as the Merchant Type.
Keep the File Format as XML.
You will see that all the required attributes will appear below.
Step 5 – Assign The Right Values To Unassigned Attributes.
Most of the attributes are already configured. You need to assign values for the unassigned attributes.
- You will need to assign values for the following:
If you are the sole manufacturer of all of your products, you can set the type as Static and input your company name as the value.
If you have different brand names for different products, you will have to save the value in a custom field or product attribute and then use that value here.
**You may try using Perfect Brands for WooCommerce to assign the brand names more easily.
- Category Text–
To assign the category text, you will need to use category mapping, which will be done in the next step. For now, leave it as it is.
- Delivery date-
If all of your products are in stock, then mark this attribute to static and assign the value as 0.
If some products are subject to be in stock in a few days, then the value has to be saved in a field within the product and use that field value here.
- Next, scroll up and Publish the feed.
Once the feed is published, it’s time to use Category Mapping.
Step 6 – Use Category Mapping Using The Accepted Heureka Category List
To use category mapping, first, you will need the category list supported by Heureka.
Then follow the instructions below.
- On your Dashboard menus, under Product Feed, click on Category Mapping. You will be taken to the category mapping page.
Here, all the categories in your store will be listed.
- Give a name on the Mapper Name field.
- Next, for every category listed here, find a relevant/appropriate category from Heureka’s category list. Then copy the category’s full name and paste it in the field beside the respective category.
- Scroll down and click on the Save button, and your mapper will be saved.
Step 7 – Update & Generate Your Accurate XML Feed
- Go to Dashboard > Product Feed > All Product Feeds, and edit the feed you were creating.
- Once it loads, on the right side, click on the Purge Cache button.
- Next, scroll down to the Feed Configuration section and click on the value field for the Category Text attribute.
- At the very bottom of the value list, you will find the category map you created. Select it.
- Now, scroll up and click on Update.
That’s it. You have created your required product feed. The next thing to do is upload your products to Heureka.
If you are a local online shop owner in the Czech Republic or Slovakia, then it’s high time you start promoting your WooCommerce products on Heureka and take advantage of its huge audience.
Use Product Feed Manager for WooCommerce to generate the XML feed in minutes and start boosting your sales.
Check out the plugin here:
Initially, test out the free version of the plugin, and once you are sure the plugin does what it claims, you can go ahead and upgrade to Pro.
Go ahead and start selling on Heureka.